Monday, March 21, 2011

7 Makeup tips for tired moms

Being a mom of three and being a coach's wife is a tiring task. Because of this I have been on the lookout for some makeup tips to help us tired ladies look refreshed!

You know that I am not a morning person, so anything to help me look a little less angry in the mornings is welcomed :)


We are going to take this spring forward time change and rule it by using these makeup tricks for looking awake and vibrant!!!


I've searched makeup artists blogs and articles for the best tips I can find. These are the most simple, affordable, and frequently recommended tips by the experts for waking up your look.


Today we are going to focus on the Eyes!

The eyes are the windows to the soul, so let's get started on putting some pretty curtains on those windows!

1. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop Keep your brows groomed. It is recommended that you go to a professional and have them shape your brows first, and then if you want to, you can keep up the grooming.
P.S. My Grandmama taught me to pluck in natural light. I know that when I don't, I end up getting in the car, looking in the rearview mirror and freaking out that I just plucked and still look like "Alf" (I loved him!!!)


2. Use eye drops to reduce redness. I think the bloodshot look is very Twilight, but pretty sure Coach would prefer peppy refreshed Autumn.

3. Concealer, concealer, concealer! Concealer is the key to reducing those pesky undereye circles. Each person has different skin tones and needs, so the type is up to you. Just make sure it is a shade lighter than your skin tone if it is going under your eyes. This will brighten up and give an awakened look.

4. White or nude eyeliner on the inner rims of your bottom lash line is one of the most used makeup artists tricks!!! Some experts suggested silver or pink colors as well if white is too bright and nude blends too much.

5. Shimmery shadow in the inner corners of your eye is a recommendation that I have heard for a long time, but apparently it works. In Januaary's Glamour magazine, Gwenyth Paltrow recently was reported to have done this to look more awake on Good Morning America. If the stars do it, we know it's good :)

6. Curl your lashes. The higher the lashes, the more open your eyes look.
(My mom always gets mad at me because I put on mascara and then curl!! It kills her. Don't tell her, but I still do it sometimes.)

7. Highlight your brow bone with a light colored shadow. Some articles said to use a shimmery shadow, while others said to just use a tan matte color. I particularly would rather not have to try to get sparkle/shimmer out of my eyebrow at night, so I stick with the matte. This highlighting again brings a more open look (especially if you have kept up with tip #1)

I know there is no way that in the morninngs you or I will be able to do all of these tips to brighten our look, but try them and see which one's work for you. If you decide to forgo all of them, remember you can always claim to be going for the Twilight look :)

Good Luck!!!

No comments: