5 Reasons Why Coffee is My Best Friend!
1. Have I told you I'm not a Morning Person (See the blog labeled A Tu-Tu A Day Keeps the Morning Blues Away)
2. The next few days are going to be busy. Coach's basketball team made it to the playoffs! Yea!!!! Although I am very excited for him, this means that he will be gone a lot more preparing the team for the upcoming games. Tonight he has traveled to Dallas to scout out some teams he may be playing against. Tomorrow is game night, and Saturday the team will be playing a make-up game due to the snow day. Because of this, I am warning you ahead of time that my posts may sound a little delirious :) But that only makes them more fun. Right? I guess we'll see.
3. Yesterday I awoke at 5:45a.m. (yeah I said A.M.) to a banging noise in the living room. I sent Coach to check it out. He returned with an expressionless face like he had seen a ghost. I asked him what the noise was, and all he said was, "Your daughter found your nail polish." Needless to say, the rest of the morning I was scrubbing bright red nail polish (the one from the post about betting!) out of my white carpet.
***** Tip!!!!! ************
If you ever spill nail polish on the carpet, after scrubbing it with soapy water, use Windex to help remove the remaining stain. (Found that tip on the Internet when I was hoping for a miracle, and it worked!)
I hope deep down in my soul that you will never need that tip, but just in case!
She had also painted her legs, arms, and lips. She apparently thought it was lip gloss. I will have nightmares about that morning for years! There were no pictures of this, I was busy feverishly scrubbing the carpet.
4. Coffee makes me sit. I'm not sure how or why. When I wake up on the weekends, I usually do so with a vengeance. I have a list of things to get done running through my head, and I jump straight to work. Coach is a coffee connoisseur. I've never seen someone drink so much of it. It is the first thing he does every morning, so as soon as he places the cup of coffee in my hands, I feel like I need to sit down and take a few minutes to enjoy it. Although it is full of caffeine, it is probably the main thing keeping me calm.
5. It's easy to make! I know this sounds silly, but at this point in my life, anything that only takes a few minutes to prepare, and has a setting where it turns itself on and makes itself is definately a favorite. It's like the croc-pot of beverages. Not only that, but my husband is such a coffee lover, that I very rarely have to actually make my own. Score!
I tend to agree with Mike Ditka from the Movie "Kicking and Screaming"
Coffee is the lifeblood that fuels the dreams of champions.